Private Party Policies
The Gallery is ideal for cocktail parties as well as special occasion dinners. To reserve The Gallery for a private function, Beggar’s Banquet will require credit card information or a deposit in the form of cash or check. The room fee is $150 for a weekend private function and $100 during the week (Monday- Thursday). The fee is subject to increase on special event weekends (including but not limited to: home football games, graduation, New Years, etc.). The General Manager has final decision on room fees. All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to fees.
Menu selections must be arranged fourteen days before the event. We require a guarantee of the number of guests to be served four days prior to the event. This guarantee will be considered as the minimum, even if fewer guests attend. The Gallery/Beggar’s Banquet will set up and prepare for 5% above the guarantee number.
Decorations, posters, signs or banners may not be hung without the approval of Beggar’s Banquet management. Stick pins, tape or nails are not to be applied to the walls of The Gallery. The use of confetti and glitter is prohibited. Liability for damages to the room, including carpet and walls, will be charged to the host based on cost of repair or replacement.
Unless other arrangements have been made, payment must be made at completion of function by credit card or cash. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Sales tax & gratuity are not included in the listed price.
If your group is tax exempt, please forward your Tax Exemption Certificate to our office prior to your function so your bill may be processed correctly. Sales Tax will (by State Law) be charged, without exception, to groups not providing the Exemption Certificate.
Beggar’s Banquet Alcohol Policies
To avoid any potential confusion, our policies concerning the service and consumption of alcohol are listed below. Please take a moment to read them over and call us with any questions.
- The legal drinking age in Michigan is 21. We i.d. all persons who appear to be under the age of 35
- Acceptable forms of i.d. are: A valid state issued driver’s license or identification card, military i.d. or a passport. The i.d. cannot be expired; we may request additional identification. Management reserves the right to refuse service to any individual with questionable identification.
- Any guest seen providing alcohol to a minor will be asked to leave, as will the minor. If a problem persists we will not hesitate to call the proper authorities.
- We reserve the right to refuse any guest that appears to be overly intoxicated and/or the guest may be asked to leave.
- As stated above we do card everyone who appears to be under 35, this includes the bride and groom and the rest of the party for wedding receptions. Parents and elders cannot vouch for the age of the guest in question. Please be sure to bring i.d.’s.
- For our out of state guests, please be aware that according to Michigan State Law open alcoholic beverages are not permitted outside of the building at any time. Ie smokers cannot take their beverages outside.
- All alcohol must be purchased on-premise (from Beggar’s Banquet personnel). You are not permitted (by law) to bring your own alcohol for consumption or as a gift.
We apologize if our policies seem rigid, but the laws regarding the service of alcohol are very black & white. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.